December's Goal: 3 miles/day

Friday, December 3, 2010

#DecGTD

We have a month before the health and fitness world goes nuts for New Years... But why wait until resolution time to start setting personal goals?

A very lovely lady at Fat Girl vs World set up a community online spreadsheet to track our individual goals. She calls this #GTD or Going The Distance.

#GTD is a monthly goal setting tracker where we can track progress on any goal we set
*How many ounces of water I drank everyday this month?
*How many calories did I burn?
*How many miles can I run this month?
(my goal of *How much boozin' did I do? caught a couple chuckles...)

In the summary, you can see your personal progress for the month and compare it to your buddies (I'm at 5% to goal- Don't Judge!). Sure, some people drop out, but others are in it to 'Go The Distance'.

In addition, with the twitter hashtag #DecGTD we share how we are making steps to reach these goals. By reading into them (and by snooping on the other player's personal spreadsheets), I've learned a great variety of individual goals people have set for themselves. As I progress in developing my own personal goals and accountability, may mimic some goals I've seen some of these guys and girls have set. I also love how #GTD is a monthly challenge, in this, I may choose a different 'resolution' each month.

More to come...

4 comments: