December's Goal: 3 miles/day

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Taste Review: Justin's Honey Almond Butter

First, a quick disclaimer:
I was not given free product by these companies or asked to review this product, it is just by my choice and my opinion.


I had been feeling somewhat sick lately with a cold. Having a large family makes colds and flus innevitable, imo... We have been dropping like flies, 4 down, 2 to go (Booter and Scotty are next mwahahaha) Perhaps its too little too late, but I accepted this 'Get Well Soon' gift from a coworker last night:

He actually gave me two of them so I made a fizzy drink for me and one for Squeaker.

Justin's Honey Almond Butter
I happened upon a sample-sized pack of Justin's Honey Almond Butter at Safeway for $0.79 and said "Hey, why not?" I hear rave things about it and I have never tried a nut butter outside your typical brands (Skippy & Jiff).

Breakfast this morning at work was uber-simple:
Plain Oatmeal (the instant packet kind)
Chia Seeds (tsp maybe?)
and Half of my Justin's Honey Almond Butter


The nutbutter and the chia seeds made this instant oatmeal thick and wholesome. I couldn't have asked for a better texture to fill me up. I was in serious need of warm comfort food.
The flavor of the butter was not as sweet as I'm used to. I would love to try this nut butter in a savory dish someday, maybe in a thai sauce.
I think I'll try the rest of my nut butter on some toast or in my oatmeal again with some chopped nuts or granola bar crumbles to add a contrasting texture or sweetness.

Next up is lunch... and my work is buying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment