December's Goal: 3 miles/day

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Don't Get Sick, Don't Get Sick..."

I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if last night's run in cold/dark is making me feel this way...

*Headache that started last night
*Throat feels tight
*If I look upwards, my neck hurts but can't feel any swollen lymph nodes


I want to blame it on running in the cold, but I dunno if runners experience this sort of thing. Could the cold air entering my lungs cause a tight throat the next day? We had a severe wind storm the day before (which caused us to lose power) and it was still windy last night, could that have given me a headache? Again, I don't know.

just in case...


Does running in cold/windy weather make you feel like you are getting sick? Or am I likely in denial?

Is it safe to continue running if feeling a little sick or will it make it worse?

8 comments:

  1. Love the photo.

    I say if it's just the nose/head a moderate to light workout is ok. If you have/get a fever though . . . just say "NO".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think running in the cold just makes things worse, if you're already sick, don't think it causes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the symptoms are above the neck., you are okay to keep running.

    I always feel really cold when I come back from running in the cold. And it usually lasts the rest of the day, but that's it :)

    I love that WTF? mug. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was told before that if the sickness is from the throat up, then it's ok to run. but if it's from the chest area all the way down, you shouldn't.

    nonetheless, hope you feel better soon! And thanks for joining my giveaway. I'll add you to my blogroll as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if the mugs were positioned and photographed on purpose like that but, "NASA, WTF?" Hahahaha. I laughed.

    I have no advice about running with a cold though, I'm not a runner at all. But feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've definitely felt sick after a run in the cold - my lungs feel funny and my throat hurts/dries out.
    I don't know if you should run when you're sick, personally it depends on how bad I'm feeling.

    Drink lots of tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending *dont get sick* thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete