December's Goal: 3 miles/day

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Things you can do with candy, besides eating it...

I lied last night... I wasn't completely candy free. Right as we were going to bed, I had one. But no regrets.


A coworker handed me a Tootsie Roll this morning (ah thanks...) and I accepted it, but hadn't had breakfast yet, so I planned on tossing it. But then I got to thinking:

What are other things you can do with candy, besides eating it?

I mentioned last night that I packed the trick or treats away into a pesky drawer and tried to force free treats on my kids. Other options are:

Wear it (sorry 'bout the glare)

I call this: Snidley Whiplash's duckliped lovechild.
I've seen high fashion made from chocolate and candy wrappers. Sure it makes a statement, but not very practical.

Make art from it

^Hee hee, a weiner dog.
They have fancy art museums full of art made from ABC (already been chewed) gum and moldy cheese sculptures, I'm dreaming up a scaled replica of Big Ben made of salt water taffy...

Or, you can always regift it or throw it away. I went with that idea.


Alrighty, about my day so far:
Weather was nice again, so I hopped on my bike and rode in to work this morning. Thank goodness I got that balaclava, it was chilly. Tacked on another 6.9 miles and my CardioTrainer app says that I burned 800kcal in the last 7 days. I feel less like a slacker. :)

Breakfast


Lunch



Then, right after I ate, a meeting got out and they offered me to take one of the extra catered lunches.

Looks like I have lunch for tomorrow

I'm still hungry, so I'm off to nom on the macaroni salad. bleh!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really don't have enough to at work. :) Very creative!

    ReplyDelete